Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Enso Circles

space circlces
space circlces,
originally uploaded by chexed.
Finally, I have someone else who uses the creation of the circle in some of the same manners I do. I used it for years to achieve enlightenment.

While I don't use it as a spiritual diary as is used in the Buddhist Enso, my frame of mind (or "mind set") may be viewable from the circle.

The painting in this blog post is something I did years ago, towards the height of my spiritual journey. As of recent years, I have focused on family. However, in the most recent times, feeling the responsibility of a father, I have become humbled and seek enlightenment once again, so that I may help others achieve happiness.

I found the Enso while skimming an article on Zen Buddhism which I found while researching a psychology article titled "Flow_(psychology)." I found this article when curiosity led me to view the results of a Google search of "the flow" (with quotations), hoping that my recent article (or a past one I had forgotten about) on "the flow" as I know it would have been a top result. My article was not even in the top 100 Google results.

There are so many great things to learn from so many religions. Due to this experience, I am interested in finding a book on Zen Buddhism.

If you want to see the original version of the painting (before the colors were digitally inverted), see it- the "spacious circles."

No comments: