Friday, December 14, 2007

Haoyuebay.com Spammers

Today my Yahoo email account was violated. Someone sent links to everyone in my address book to go to "haoyuebay.com," and because I didn't send it nor give anyone permission to, it must have been a spammer who hacked my easy password. Luckily, they didn't change it, so now I've made it difficult enough that I'll probably forget it.

It seems haoyuebay pretends to be ebay. Once someone goes to their site, they probably steal peoples passwords then commit online fraud like most companies who do this, buying stuff using someone else's eBay account and/or paypal, maybe even stealing the credit card numbers. They're called "phishers."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly the same thing happened to my hotmail account this Saturday, really weird.